Monday, October 6, 2008

Ambience

I really understand what is meant by ambient music now, after listening to that Deep Listening music during class. I thought it was enjoyable to listen to, but also found it rather easy to ignore when other things were going on. I could easily tell when it stopped while changing songs though, but that was the only point in time that it actually disrupted my attention from the class. For some reason, even though I wasn’t paying attention to it, I noticed and even missed the music for those few seconds, around 20, between songs (and at the beginning of each, which started off at an inaudible level). This makes sense though; I would imagine that it would be impossible to create something that’s supposed to enhance the environment but won’t be noticed when it’s gone. In other words, you can’t really complain about the music distracting you when it isn’t there. Yes, the music distracted me when it wasn’t there; I’ll admit it, but, just so you know, I’m not crazy; everyone else is.

No comments: